Sunday, January 6, 2013

Yummy Mud Pies!

My kids always had great imaginations and the one thing that always made me laugh were mud pies! I don't ever remember making any mud pies when I was a kid, so when my kids started making them I was entertained the whole time!

 Usually they would make them right after it rained in the summer time around the swing set, sometimes I would get some from the yard or driveway.

How is it that I couldn't graciously accept these little tokens of love from my kids? I just couldn't refuse! Finding a Frisbee or another thing to carry them around on was not a problem for my kids, the only rules I had about mud pies was that they weren't allowed to bring them in the house or eat them "for real."

 They seemed to have a great time asking me if I wanted some and I would take both hands and dig in! Pretending I was eating the mud pies while making obnoxious noises to make them laugh and getting some on my cheeks and shirt seemed to make them happier than a pig rolling around in mud on a dry hot day!

 I always had the two most important things on hand that a mom would need when the kids make mud pies. When I knew mud pies were in the making a few towels and a water hose did wonders!

No comments:

Post a Comment