Friday, November 16, 2012

Did I Teach Her That?

Listening to little kids learning new words is great but what happens when they start blurting out things they hear?

Sometimes it's funny when you hear them say new words and the words really just sound like something else completely different. Other times it’s just funny when they actually say swear words until you remember you have to take them to their Grandparents house or church or somewhere that would make you look like all you do is swear!

 I remember the first time my daughter dropped a crayon in church. It was so quiet; everyone heard her get angry and say a couple words that only a drunken sailor would say! Wow! My face was red it was kind of, well...embarrassing!!

I decided after that incident at church, I would change my ways and quit using curse words. I was going to make sure she wasn’t around anyone else who couldn’t control their tongue! I was going to be a good influence on her no matter what! I remember having to stand up,holding her in church and sliding her down to stand on her own, and that's
when I realized that my button down dress had become unbuttoned almost completely! Yikes! Well, yikes wasn’t the word I used, let’s just say that everyone that was there that day could confirm exactly where she had learned to swear like a drunken sailor! Some good influence, eh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment