Friday, November 16, 2012

Why Mom Needs a Big Purse

--> I always carried around a little purse, just big enough to carry bank cards, the check book, a couple of pens and maybe a couple of makeup items. Then along came the kids and the diaper bag!

Diaper bags aren't too awfully bad, you can take all kinds of things with you that you might need! Diapers, wipes, bottles, snacks, toys and a lot of times I had the ones that have lots of pockets so I didn't even bother carrying a purse around, I could keep my stuff there as well! Diaper bags start out as a convenience but often lead to a really bad habit, like carrying around huge purses later that could put your back out if you aren't careful!


Once the little ones are potty trained and I didn't  need that old diaper bag anymore, I tried going back to carrying around my tiny little purse but at this point, it seems like it just isn't enough.


Even though you don't need the diapers and bottles anymore, you still need somewhere to keep all of your stuff and the stuff that keeps a mom and a little kid busy and happy!


This is where a checklist comes in handy!

  • Bank Cards, Check Book, Pens

  • Snacks and a few zip lock bags

  • A couple little toys 

  • Kids books

  • A good book for me in case the kids fall asleep and I have waiting time somewhere.

  • Crayons and either a little coloring book or scrap paper

  • A book with the kids' pictures in, in case the kids at some point aren't with me.

  • An extra set of car and house keys - for some reason when kids are little, keys have a magical way of disappearing.

  • Cell phone charger - they come in handy when there's a long wait at the Dr. office or dance, scouts and other places you need to be with kids.

  • Pain reliever/fever reducer for the kids - just in case!

  • Pain reliever for Mom - just in case!

  • Personal care items for Mom

  • Makeup in case there comes a time when I can actually take the time to put some on!

  • A schedule or calendar book to keep track of appointments and other things that you would forget about if you don't write them down.

There are tons of other things I'm sure I could get in my purse now that I have a much bigger one! When someone asks what I have 'in there' I tell them "everything but the kitchen sink, but I don't need one because I have wipes!"


After looking over my list, I'm sure there is something I forgot but can't remember at the moment what it might be.


Does anyone have a brush and a ponytail holder?

No comments:

Post a Comment